Simcoon is mainly developed and maintained by Yves Chemisky, currently appointed scientist at the CNRS and by contributors from the staff and students of Arts et Métiers ParisTech, that are members of the LEM3 laboratory. It is released under the GNU General Public License: GPL, version 3.
Simcoon is a collaborative effort from researchers around the world. See below the main public institutions that are contributing to this collaborative effort
- Arts et Métiers ParisTech : Top French school of engineers, focused on technology and applications.
- LEM3: Laboratory devoted to the study of Microstructures and Mechanics of Materials in Metz, France.
- TIMC-IMAG : Medical Engineering laboratory in Grenoble, France
- CNRS : National French Center for scientific research. The LEM3 laboratory is labelled from the CNRS.
- Texas A&M University : Top University in Texas, USA.